President and Committee elections
Committee members are elected for a term of one year.
At each Annual General Meeting the number of Committee members to serve for the next year is determined by a resolution and for 2020 this number was twelve including office holders.
Nominations are preferred online using the form below but can be received in writing by post to DSWAA c/o 87 Esplanade West, Port Melbourne Vic 3207 and received by 9 July 2021 or made on the day. Nominees must be financial members for at least 6 months. Should more nominations be received for President or available Committee positions, elections for those positions will be held.
Following the AGM, the newly elected President and Committee will meet to appoint office holders (see the nomination form below for expressions of interest).
Nominees for the position of President may submit, with their nomination form, a statement of credentials for the benefit of voting members. This could include:
- Reasons for seeking the role of President
- The skills, experience and connections they bring to the role
- How they would share and devolve responsibilities
- Their understanding of:
- the role of DSWAA as a national body
- the Vision, Statement of Purposes and philosophical goals of the Association
- the aim to facilitate social and learning activities that foster inclusion and involvement both of and for members,
- What changes to the scope, management and focus of the Association they would propose, if any
- Any other points in support of the nomination.
Please forward your statement to: email@example.com