Geoff Duggan’s DSW workshop Bergalia, NSW
June 15 @ 7:45 am - June 16 @ 4:00 pm
A two-day workshop offers ‘hands on’ and theoretical training in the skill of dry stone walling for do-it-yourself enthusiasts and professional landscapers.
Geoff Duggan is Australia’s only Master Craftsman, Advanced Instructor and Examiner under the Dry Stone Walling Association of Great Britain’s Craftsman Accreditation scheme. He has delivered more than 130 workshops over the last 23 years.
• Full tuition and guidance
• Introduction and course notes
• History of dry stone walling
• Slide presentation on various styles and applications of dry stone walling
• Advice and access to further information
• Use of tools and gloves (bring your own safety glasses and workboots)
• Certificate and class photo on completion
• All meals, camping accommodation and refreshments
Saturday 16 – 17 June 2018
184 Beashels Lane, Bergalia, NSW 2537
Situated in the enchanting hinterland of NSW South Coast, Beashels Quarries are located on a beef cattle farm owned by the Beashel family settled in the 1860’s. Both slate and granite are extracted and sold as landscaping rock and general quarry products. Slate wallstone form the quarry will be used during the dry stone walling workshop.
See here to book.