Members are very important to the DSWAA. The Committee of Management is answerable to the members and it formally reports to them at annual general meetings.
Being a member also means you can:
- be an advocate for dry stone walls and the craft of walling
- increase your awareness of the history and natural beauty of dry stone walls
- understand and appreciate dry stone walling in the context of our indigenous, urban and rural cultures and environments
- nominate to be elected to the DSWAA Committee of Management
Being a member can assist you to raise issues about the dry stone walls in your area and make a contribution towards securing the future of walls and walling in Australia.
We encourage members from all states and territories and from diverse backgrounds that include: farming, heritage, arts, architecture, planning, mining, professional walling and from interested citizens.
Annual membership fees fall due on 31 May and renewal notices will be emailed to you.
Our membership categories are:
- Individual $30/year, $80 for 3 years
- Couple $50/year, $130 for 3 years
- Corporate $80/year
- Professional $50/year
OTHER MEMBER BENEFITS
Members receive a copy of our journal – The Flag Stone – three times a year, discounted entry to events and periodic eNews with notices of upcoming workshops and field trips.
By joining the DSWAA, you will be supporting the preservation and promotion of Australia’s dry stone walls and the craft of walling both within Australia and internationally.
New members are very welcome and are invited to play an active role in the DSWAA and/or to contribute their time and skills to the organisation of events and activities.
The DSWAA has a growing library of books, magazines and other printed material about dry stone walls, the craft of walling and other items of interest. Books are available for loan by members.
For membership queries, contact us